Hold Me Tight
A Couples Workshop
Hold Me Tight® is an intensive weekend workshop for couples designed around seven conversations based on the Hold Me Tight book by Dr. Sue Johnson. These conversations have been shown to be essential for successful, lasting relationships. They are run by private providers who are members of our community.
In this workshop, you can expect to:
- Recognize the “demon dialogues” that all couples get caught in and discover what you are
really trying to say to each other
- Explore the feelings and needs underneath your behaviours
- Deepen both emotional and physical intimacy
- Repair and forgive old hurts and injuries
- Discover the emotional connection that creates greater bonding and can keep your love alive
so your relationship becomes the safe harbor it was meant to be
- Affirm strengths in your relationship
- Address negative interaction patterns
- Recognize underlying reasons for your conflicts
- Learn how to repair and forgive
- Improve your communication
The stories, ideas and exercises offered in Hold Me Tight are based on the science of love and the wisdom of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT), an effective new model developed by Dr. Sue Johnson. Sue wrote a companion book also called Hold Me Tight (HMT). It gives a wonderful overview of what we cover in depth in the HMT Workshop. We highly recommend you read the book Hold Me Tight.
Upcoming Hold Me Tight Workshops
Taking bookings now for 2022 – 13 & 14 August and 12 & 13 November
Taking bookings now for 2022 – 20 & 30 October
Find out more here.
Future Hold Me Tight Workshops in Melbourne are in planning. Sign up here to keep posted on upcoming workshops.
Hold Me Tight Online Program
If you’re unable to attend Hold Me Tight as a face-to-face workshop as above, an alternative is the Hold Me Tight online self paced program (see below).
This allows you to complete the program in the comfort of your own home. Click the image below for more information or to purchase the HMT online program.