Developing your EFT skills can be a challenge but you don’t have to go it alone. As an MCEFT member you can join with your colleagues at a Peer Group meeting near you to supplement your learning in a safe and supportive environment.
There are both in-person and online Peer Groups available. Online Peer Groups meet in the MCEFT Zoom Room.
Our aim is to offer a thriving network of ongoing support groups to develop your EFT therapy skills and/or prepare you for Certification and beyond.
As these groups are open to MCEFT members, everyone has at least basic EFT training. Peer Group participation is included at no additional cost, as part of your regular MCEFT membership.
MCEFT Zoom Room
For further information on any of our Peer Groups or if you would like to start a special interest group please contact MCEFT Peer Group Coordinators, Linda Hartley-Clark and Eleni Neville via email
Formats vary for each group but generally include watching and discussing a session from an EFT training DVD. Please contact your host prior to attending for the first time.
- Northside in Thornbury – First Monday of the month 12:00pm – 1:30pm. Please note this group will be alternating from face-to-face hosted by Eleni Neville and to online hosted by Cherine Habib.
- Southwest in Geelong – Fourth Monday of the month 10:00am – 12:00pm. Please note this group will be hosted face-to-face by alternating hosts Karen Kelly in Geelong and Caro White in Bellbrae.
- Westside in Kingsville – First Tuesday of the month 11:00am – 12:30pm, hosted by Linda Hartley-Clark.
Online (hosted in the MCEFT Zoom Room)
- First Monday of the month 4:30pm – 6:00pm, hosted by Margie Ulbrick and Jackie Tilley.
- Second Monday of the month 12:00pm – 1:30pm, hosted by Andie Vorrath.
- Second and fourth Monday of the month 12:00pm – 1:30pm, hosted online by Sue Dawson and Kathy Edelmen. This is a workbook based group to read and complete exercises in Becoming an Emotionally Focused Therapist: The Workbook
- Fourth Tuesday of the month 12:00pm – 1:30pm, hosted by Karen Kain.
Special Interest Online (hosted in the MCEFT Zoom Room)
- Third Friday of the month 11:00am-12:30pm AEST (Brisbane Time), hosted by Regina Ho and Robin Saunders. This group provides a space for therapists working nationally and internationally with clients, and whom feel the need to be held tight by an EFCT community when working remotely or overseas.
- Honouring Diversity, Examining Privilege, Challenging Oppression – Alternating monthly on Mondays (11:00am – 12:30pm and Tuesdays (6:30pm – 8:00pm), hosted by Gávi Ansara and Phoenix. Develop your skills and insights in anti-oppressive practice within EFT. We aim to create a culturally safe harbour for therapists who may have felt excluded, or who work with clients who may have been excluded or silenced.
- Preparing for Certification – Third Wednesday of the month from 10:00am – 11:00am, hosted by Sue Jones.